What Are the Easiest Research Paper Topics in Economics?
Economic issues and topics can change daily, but this doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of interesting and relevant research paper topics you could choose from. Here are some of the easiest research paper topics you can choose that are interesting and provide you with what you need to earn a great grade:
- Gambling and local economies: Years of research are point to the wealth opportunities that gambling creates for local economies, yet many people aren’t willing to bring gambling into their cities. Would this be a good thing?
- Immigration and its effect on commerce: Many community officials say that immigration boosts local business. But there are others who say immigration reduces available jobs for citizens and thus hurts their buying power and the economy. What does your research show?
- Domestic wealth gap – rich and poor: What does research say about the problem of domestic poverty and its effect on the nation’s economy. Are there solutions that governments should consider? Should governments or private organizations bear any of the responsibility?
- The economics of healthcare: How exactly does economics fit into a nation’s healthcare policies? Do current regulations hinder or help medical research and the development of cures? Would relaxing on some regulations or being more strict help the nation’s economy?
- Chances of another Great Depression: Considering the causes of the first Great Depression in the 1930s and the recent global depression in the last decade, what are the chances that we’ll encounter another great depression in the next 10 years? In the next 20 years? What does research show?
- Outsourcing jobs and local economies: How many jobs have been lost because of outsourcing and how does the increase in unemployment affect the nation’s overall economy. What costs, exactly, are saved by the company and the consumer and is there a clear winner?
- Raising the minimum wage across industries: In what ways would raising the minimum wage affect the nation’s economy? Would more companies lose many and would it lead to increased unemployment? What other solutions are there that the federal government should consider?
- Bankruptcy and lessons learned: What are the long-term differences in outlook between an individual who declares bankruptcy and a company? Which has a greater impact (negative or positive) on the nation’s economy and what can be done to leverage a more equal opportunity?
These are just a few great ideas to help inspire you to write a great Economics research paper. Take these and consider them from different angles to ensure you are taking a fresh perspective on whichever topic you choose.